Note: Widgets, images, and documents that appear on a page must be published separately, in addition to the page on which they appear.
Publish assets (pages, widgets, images, etc.)
- Click the asset in the left-hand folder structure to highlight the asset to be published.
- Click the "Publish" tab.
- Using the checkbox(es), select the desired server destination(s).
Note: Only the server(s) you are authorized to have access to will appear.
- Click the "Submit" button.
When publishing to the test site, you can view your work at the following URL:
stagingtest.miamioh.edu/division (or site) name/
Note: The TEST site can only be accessed from within the Miami network; you can not, for example, view test pages from home unless you have a VPN connection to the Miami network.
You can ensure that unpublishing happens automatically when renaming, moving, or deleting an asset by selecting the proper configuration in "My Settings."
- Click "My Settings" in the upper-right corner of the Cascade window.
- Select the "Un-publish on Move / Delete" checkbox (see below).
Note: If an asset has been published, it must be unpublished before being renamed, moved, or deleted. (This removes the original copy from the server destination so it can no longer be accessed in your live website.) By following the steps listed above ONE TIME, you won't have to individually unpublish any assets.
Updating the Left Navigation
If you ADD or DELETE a page from the asset tree, you must publish the PARENT folder in order for that change to be reflected in the navigation