Academic Dismissal

A second academic suspension for low scholarship constitutes an academic dismissal. The period of academic dismissal is two calendar years and is usually considered a permanent action (see Student Handbook, Re-enrollment after Academic Suspension or Dismissal).

A student may petition for an exception to academic suspension or academic dismissal. Freshmen should consult their freshman adviser or commuter adviser about the petitioning process. Upper-class students can get a petition from their divisional dean. These petitions are considered by the Committee of Advisers in your academic division.

All decisions on petitions are reviewed by the Interdivisional Committee of Advisers, which has the authority to affirm or reverse the decision.

Back to top