Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, Interpersonal Violence, and Sexual Harassment

 Warfield Hall surrounded by lots of trees

If you have experienced sexual or interpersonal violence and are unsure of what to do next, help is available. It is not your fault, and there are resources on campus and in the community that provide support. Learn more about your options and resources.

If you have experienced sexual or interpersonal violence, you have the right to report (or not report) the incident to Miami University or law enforcement or both. Learn more about your reporting options as well as the role and responsibilities of mandatory reporters.

Miami has designated Title IX staff that can provide information on reporting options, help in obtaining secure supportive services, and assistance in accessing resources. Learn more about the University's Title IX staff and how they can assist you.

At Miami, we care about supporting all students, and we are ready to assist with various needs related to sexual assault and interpersonal violence. Visit our guide to find resources on campus and in the community.

Get Involved


Here are some of the ways you can particpate

Confidential Support

Counselor meets with a student discussing the student's needs.

Confidential Resources are those campus and community professionals who can maintain legally-protected confidentiality within the University for the individual who shared the information. Confidentiality means that information shared by an individual with a confidential resource cannot be revealed to any other person without express permission of the individual, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.

(For support services, see next slide.)

Women Helping Women provide the following services to all students, faculty, and staff, regardless of identity:

  • Hospital Accompaniment
  • Individual Advocacy Sessions
  • Title IX Campus Reporting Assistance
  • Law Enforcement & Court Accompaniment
  • Protection Order Filing
  • Licensed Therapy
  • Weekly Support Groups

(For contact information, see next slide.)

Contact Information

Oxford Campus

Women Helping Women Support Specialist
215 and 217 Warfield Hall
Call/Text: 513-431-1111 or 513-846-8402
(Available 10 am. to 6 p.m.)

Butler County Office

6 S. 2nd St., Floor 8
Hamilton, OH 45011
24-Hour Crisis Hotline: 513-381-5610
Take a look at recent statistics