- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3031
- Phone: 513.529.9745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday/Thursday 10:30-11:30 - other hours by appointment
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Dual Ph.D. in Business Administration (Marketing) and Architecture (Design Studies) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. April 2017
- Master of Science in Architecture (Design Studies); Minor in Psychology University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. December 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran. April 2009
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor of Marketing Farmer School of Business, Miami University, Oxford, OH, May 2017 – present
- Affiliated Faculty Member Department of Emerging Technology in Business Design, Miami University, Oxford, OH, August 2019 – present
- Research Associate Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, September 2015 – April 2017
- Research Consultant Perkins Will/ University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, January 2016 – April 2016
- Research Consultant, Research & Development Associate Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development/ Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, June 2014 – April 2016
- Graduate Student Research Assistant University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, January 2010 – April 2015
- Esteky, Sina, Jean D. Wineman, and David B. Wooten (2018), “The Influence of Physical Elevation in Buildings on Risk Preferences: Evidence from a Pilot and Four Field Studies”. Journal of Consumer Psychology. 28 (July), 487 - 494.
- Esteky, Sina, David B. Wooten, and Maarten W. Bos (2020), “Illuminating Illumination: Understanding the Influence of Lighting on Socially Conscious Behaviors”. Journal of Environmental Psychology. 68 (April), 101405.
- Esteky, Sina (2021), “Chirping Birds and Barking Dogs: The Interactive Effect of Ambient Sensory Cue Source and Valence on Consumers’ Choice of Natural Products”. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. 61 (July), 102513.
- Esteky, Sina, and Hossein Kalati (2021), “The Placebo Effect of Academia: How Branding Higher Education Institutions Affects Student Learning Outcomes”. Forthcoming at the Journal of Marketing for Higher Education.
Honors & Awards
- Professional Grant, Hybrid Instructional Training (eLearning), Miami University, 2019
- Alumni Teaching Scholar, Miami University, 2018-2019
- Faculty Summer Research Grant, Farmer School of Business, Miami University, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Research Grant - Rackham Summer Research Grant, University of Michigan ($3,200), 2016
- Research Grant - Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant, University of Michigan ($3,000), 2015
- Travel Fellowship – Ross School of Business, University of Michigan ($2,000, $2,000), 2015, 2016
- Travel Grant - Rackham Conference Travel Grant, University of Michigan ($800, $1,300, $1,050), 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fellowship Award - Doctor of Architecture Fellowship, Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning, University of Michigan ($3,500, $4,700), 2011, 2015
- Scholarship - Milton G. Kendrick and Josephine H. Kendrick Award for Excellence in Business Research. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan ($3,500), 2014
- Research Grant - Young Researcher Grant, Walt Disney Company ($5,000), 2014
- Scholarship - Thomas A. Languis Scholarship in Architecture and Law, University of Michigan ($4,000), 2013
- Scholarship - Victoria J. Lentz Memorial Scholarship. Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning, University of Michigan ($7,000), 2012
- Fellowship Award – Strategic Research and Training in Health Care, Technology, & Place, Canadian Institutes of Health Research ($25,000), 2011
- Fellowship Award - Schulich Graduate Fellowship. ($25,000), 2011
- Fellowship Award - William Wayne Caudill Graduate Student Fellowship. ($24,000), 2011
- Scholarship - “Better Cities for People with Disabilities” Scholarship. ($500), 2010
- Award - for Overall Achievement, Leadership and Excellence in Academic Research, Shahid Beheshti University, 2008
- Travel Fellowship - The Rockefeller Foundation & Center for Sustainable Urban Development at Columbia University, ($2,500), 2007
Dr. Sina Esteky is an Assistant Professor of Marketing in the Farmer School of Business at Miami University. He holds dual PhDs in business administration (marketing) and architecture (design studies) from the University of Michigan. Additionally, he earned an MSc in architecture with a minor in psychology at the University of Michigan, and a bachelor's in architectural engineering from the National University of Iran. Sina's research focuses on the consequences of design on consumer behavior in physical and virtual environments. For instance, his work has helped better understand how and when architectural and sensory design elements impact people's risk-taking behaviors, pro-social and pro-environmental decisions, eating behavior, and their engagement in collaborative innovation. His research has been published in academic journals such as the Journal of Consumer Psychology, the Journal of Environmental Psychology, and the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. It has also been featured by media outlets such as The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, NPR, CNBC, The Atlantic, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Houston Chronicle, MSN, MarketWatch, and Yahoo! Finance. Sina's teaching interests are in Branding, Digital Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Creativity and Innovation, Sensory Marketing, and Design Thinking.
- MKT419/519 A 11:40-1:00PM TR - FSB 0042
- MKT419 B 1:15-2:35PM TR - FSB 0042