The Farmer School's goal is to maintain a thriving network of alumni. This network is mutually beneficial: it keeps you connected to Miami and fellow alumni, and keeps the School abreast of current developments in the business world. As alumni, you provide valuable insight regarding industry trends and recruitment strategies and offer helpful internship and job search advice to students. Have you considered how you benefit from volunteering? Alumni volunteers have an opportunity to meet talented business students and potential future hires, and visiting campus creates a branding opportunity for your firms.
We want you to be one of these involved alumni! The Farmer School of Business offers a variety of volunteer opportunities, so that you can choose how to best partner with us while accommodating your busy schedule. Here are some opportunities:
- Visit a classroom as a “consultant:” a professional who can complement a professor’s presentation with comments about real-world practices and applications;
- Visit a business organization meeting as a speaker;
- Become a mentor to a student who is exploring career possibilities in your field;
- Participate as a panelist evaluating student business plan presentations;
- Serve as a member on one of our advisory boards (see the “Business Partners” section of our website);
- Participate in a speaker series.
Whether or not you are able to become a Farmer School of Business volunteer, we want to keep in touch with you!
Please contact Kirk Bogard, Assistant Dean for External Relations email@example.com or 513-529-4221