- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 2036D
- Phone: 513.529.0574
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MW 11:00-1:00
- T 6:00-7:00
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. Southern Methodist University, Economics, 1984
- M.A. Southern Methodist University, Economics, 1978
- B.S. Southern Methodist University, Economics, 1977
Academic & Professional Experience
- Professor, Miami University (1996-Present).
- Chair, Economics Department (2005-2019)
- Associate Professor, Miami University (1990-1996).
- Assistant Professor, Miami University (1985-1990).
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Southern Methodist University (1984-1985).
- Adjunct Professor, University of Dallas (1980-1984).
- Li, Jing and Davis, G.K. (2017). Rethinking cointegration and the expectation hypothesis of the term structure. Journal of Empirical Finance, 44 (December), 177-189.
- Davis, G. K., Hineline, D. & Kanago, B. E. (2011). Inflation and real sectoral output shares: Dynamic panel model evidence from seven OECD countries. Journal of Macroeconomics, 33, 607-619.
- Craighead, B. D., Davis, G. K., & Miller, N. C. (2010). Interest Differentials and Extreme Support for Uncovered Interest Rate Parity. International Review of Economics and Finance, 19(4) , 723-32.
- Davis, G. K. & Kanago, B. (2008). The Cyclical Behavior Of Prices And Relative Prices. Economic Inquiry, 46, 576-586.
- Research: business cycle facts and economic growth
- Teaching: economic growth, macroeconomic
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Davis received both his bachelor's and his Ph.D. in economics from Southern Methodist University. He taught at SMU for a year before coming to Miami University in 1985. He was Chair of the Department of Economics from 2005 to 2019.
Professor Davis has published twenty articles covering topics from microeconomic theory of uncertainty to the effects of inflation uncertainty on output, to financial aspects of monetary policy in the Civil War. He has also supervised over a dozen Master's theses.
- ECO 373 A 2:50PM-4:10PM TR FSB 0014
- ECO 373 B 4:25PM-5:45PM TR FSB 0014
- ECO 451 A 11:40AM-1:00PM TR FSB 0014