- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3073
- Phone: 513.529.1204
- Email: email@example.com
- Tuesday/Thursday 1:00-3:00pm
- Other hours by appointment
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. University of Rhode Island, Business Administration
- M.B.A. Elon University
- B.S.B.A. Appalachian State University, Marketing/Management
- Continuing Education: Harvard University Graduate School of Education, Harvard Institute of Higher Education Management Development Program
Academic & Professional Experience
- Professor, Farmer School of Business, Miami University (2010-Present).
- Senior Associate Dean, Farmer School of Business, Miami University (2015-2021).
- Associate Dean for Curriculum, Farmer School of Business, Miami University (2014-2015).
- School of Business Honors Program Director, Farmer School of Business, Miami University (2005-2014).
- Associate Professor, Farmer School of Business, Miami University (2003-2010).
- Assistant Professor, Farmer School of Business, Miami University (1997-2003).
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of New Haven (1996-1997).
- Chairperson, Business Studies Division (1988-1993) & Instructor (1983-1993), Piedmont Community College, North Carolina.
- Buyer & Management Training Program, Belk Stores, Inc. North & South Carolina (1982-1983).
- Bachrach, Daniel, Elliot Bendoly, Danielle Beu-Ammeter, Richard Blackburn, Kenneth Brown, Gerald Burke, Tyrone Callahan, Kay Yut Chen, Vikki Day, Alan Ellstrand, Homer Erekson, Jaime Gomez, Tim Greenlee, Rob Handfield, Martha Louder, Manoj Malhotra, Francis Petit, Kathy Petroni, Alex Sevilla, Scott Shafer, Margaret Shih, Al Smith, Doug Voss, "On Academic Rankings, Unacceptable Methods and the Social Obligations of Business Schools," Decision Sciences, Volume 48, Number 3, June 2017, 561-585.
- Greenlee, T. B., Oakenfull, G., & McCarthy, M. (2008). "Targeting A Minority Without Alienating The Majority: Advertising to Gays and Lesbians in Mainstream Media." Journal of Advertising Research.
- Greenlee, T. B. & Oakenfull, G. (2005). "Queer Eye for a Gay Guy: Using Market-Specific Symbols in Advertising To Attract Gay Consumers Without Alienating The Mainstream." Psychology & Marketing.
- Greenlee, T. B., Filbeck, G., Gorman, R., & Speh, T. (2005). "The Stock Price Reaction to Supply Chain Management Advertisements and Implications on Company Value." Journal of Business Logistics.
- Greenlee, T. B. & Oakenfull, G. (2004). "The Three Rules of Crossing Over from Gay Media to Mainstream Media Advertising: Lesbians, Lesbians, Lesbians." Journal of Business Research.
- Greenlee, T. B., Boyd, C., & Boyd, T. (2003). "A Means to an End: Slim Hopes and Cigarette Advertising." Health Promotion Practice.
- Greenlee, T. B., Stearns, J., Ronald, K., & Crespy, C. (2003). "Contexts for Communication: Teaching Expertise Through Case-Based In-Basket Exercises." Journal of Education for Business.
Honors & Awards
- 2013: Miami University Alumni Association Effective Educator Award, Recipient
- 2012: Miami University Faculty Diversity Award, Recipient
- 2012, 2000: Farmer School of Business Teaching Excellence Award, Recipient
- 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 1999: Farmer School of Business Teaching Excellence Award, Nominee
- 2009: Miami University E. Phillips Knox Teaching Award, Finalist
- 2009: Miami University CELTUA Teaching Excellence Award, Recipient
- 2006, 2004: Miami University Alumni Association Effective Educator Award, Nominee
- 1996: University of Rhode Island Graduate Student Instructional Award, Recipient
- 1995: Marketing Science Institute's Dissertation Competition, Honorable Mention
- 1995: American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium, Fellow
- 1988: Piedmont Community College, NC, Instructor of the Year, Recipient
Areas of Expertise
- Marketing Research
- Social Marketing
- Targeting Diverse Markets
- Experiential Learning
- International Programs/Study Abroad
Dr. Tim Greenlee currently serves as Professor of Marketing in the Farmer School of Business at Miami University in Oxford, OH. He previously served as the FSB Senior Associate Dean and Associate Dean for Curriculum and Director of the FSB Honors Program. A native of North Carolina, Tim is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island (PhD), Elon University (MBA) and Appalachian State University (BSBA). In addition, he completed the Harvard University Graduate School of Education Management Development Program.
His teaching interests include marketing research and client-based capstone courses. His research interests include marketing to diverse audiences, emerging pedagogical strategies, and social and cause-related marketing and he has published in the following journals: Decision Sciences, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Advertising Research, Psychology and Marketing, Journal of Business Logistics, Social Marketing Quarterly, Health Promotion Practice, Journal of Marketing for Higher Education and the Journal of Education for Business.
Tim is a two-time recipient of the Farmer School of Business Teaching Excellence Award (2000 and 2012), the Miami University Faculty Diversity Award (2012) and the Miami University Alumni Association Effective Educator Award (2013). He has led 18 study abroad experiences, with his most recent being to South Africa.
Tim is a volunteer and fundraiser for the Humane Society of Greater Dayton and The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Dayton, currently serving on the Board of Trustees for the latter. An avid collector, Tim is the owner of Tall Oaks Antiques.
- MKT442 A 11:40-1:00PM TR - HIS218
- MKT495/HONORS A 8:00-9:50AM TR - FSB3061
- BUS101 JB 10:30-11:25AM TR - LWS303