Verity Lodge has an important place in the rich history of the city of Middletown, Ohio. The building—its framework and exterior made of Armco steel—was built in the early 1940s for exclusive use as a women’s club for Armco Steel’s female employees. At that time, the land now occupied by Miami University Middletown was Armco Park, which boasted a children’s amusement park complete with a ferris wheel and train ride.
Verity Lodge is available for rental. Rates are subject to change; please call for current rates.
Rental requests may be made by emailing couchbc@MiamiOH.edu, or by calling 513-785-3070.
Guidelines for use
- Verity Lodge is only available for use on dates that the campus is open.
- Events can be scheduled from 7:00am–11:30pm Users are expected to have completed any necessary cleanup and leave the facility prior to 12:00 midnight.
- The Miami University Middletown campus, including Verity Lodge, is a smoke-free environment.
- Serving of alcohol in the facility must comply with University Policy and be conducted in accordance with Ohio law.
- Use of Verity Lodge is for university and community functions (e.g. meetings, receptions, parties, showers, weddings).
- Profit making functions (e.g. Mary Kay, Longaberger, Amway, Tupperware) are not permitted.
- Areas included in use are the front meeting room (102), back meeting room (101), kitchen (105), and single stall unisex restroom facility (103).
- The total capacity of Verity Lodge is 120 persons, combining front and back meeting rooms. Capacity is dependent on set up arrangement; for example, maximum seated capacity for a lecture in the front meeting room is 80 persons. Items provided for use in the facility include tables, chairs, and piano. Users with permission may use fireplace. Wood is provided and stored on lodge porch when available. Some restrictions apply. No other equipment, furnishings, utensils, linens, covers, coffee makers, food storage, etc. are provided.
Items provided for use in the facility include:
- 2 x microwaves
Users with permission may use fireplace. Wood is provided and stored on lodge porch when available. Some restrictions apply.
No other equipment, furnishings, utensils, linens, covers, coffee makers, food storage, etc. are provided.