Miami University’s Board of Trustees approved to extend President Gregory Crawford’s contract an additional year during the Sept. 23 board meeting.
The trustees extended President Crawford’s contract, which now runs five years through June 2027. The board increased his salary 4% to $551,665 and also approved a $75,000 annual bonus. University Ambassador Renate Crawford also received a 4% increase to $53,040 annually. President Crawford is serving in his sixth year as president of Miami.
“President Crawford has successfully led the university through the challenges of a global pandemic,” Mary Schell, chair of Miami University Board of Trustees, said. “His leadership has been innovative and has kept us focused on our mission to deliver an unparalleled academic experience to Miami students. The board is pleased with Greg’s leadership and the direction the university is going.”
The board approved the establishment of a Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction for the College of Education, Health, and Society;
Among other action, trustees approved:
- The naming of the Ruth Ann Busald Faculty/Staff Office in University Hall on the Hamilton Campus.
- Revisions to the existing guidance for the Committee for the Naming of Campus Facilities.
- Approved seven professor emeritus/a, five administrator emeritus/a, two teaching professor emeritus/a, two clinical professor emeritus/a, three clinical lecturer emeritus/a, and two lecturer emerita.
- The creation of a new foundation in Luxembourg to accept gifts from donors in the European Economic Area to support the educational mission of the Miami University John E. Dolibois European Center.
- The conferral of degrees for the 2022-23 academic year.