Jen Sammons lives in Dayton, Ohio where she explores the intersections of being a queer teacher, writer, and mother, and advocates for visibility in all three. She teaches studio-centered creative writing classes that include hands-on experiences with visual arts and other ways of making as process-based methods for thinking through creativity.
- Creative Writing Pedagogy
- Creative Nonfiction
- Hybrid Forms
- Lyric Essay
- Prose Poetry
- ENG111- Composition and Rhetoric
- ENG226- Introduction to Creative Writing
- ENG323- Intermediate Creative Nonfiction
- ENG423- Advanced Creative Nonfiction
- MFA Creative Writing and Pedagogy, Miami University, 2022
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership, Antioch University Midwest, 2007
- B.A. Early Childhood Education, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2002
Work in Progress
Jen is currently working on a two hybrid-form projects: A memoir about adoption, trauma, and queer family-making, and an autoethnographic visual-poetic exploration of transracial adoption, racism, and parenthood.