To be considered for admission, you must have earned a state-certified high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED), or acquired credentials that demonstrate levels of academic achievement equivalent to that of graduates of state accredited high schools.
High School (State-Accredited) Diploma or GED
Applicants are expected to have completed the curriculum below. Although most students admitted to Miami University have gone above and beyond these minimal standards, you will not be denied admission to Miami if you are otherwise qualified. Instead, you will be required to complete the following standards once you enroll:
- English: 4 full credits
- Math: 4 full credits, at least through the Algebra II level
- Natural science: 3 full credits, including both one full credit of physical science and one full credit of biological science
- Social science: 3 full credits, including one full credit of history
- Foreign language: 2 full credits, both in the same language
- Fine arts: 1 full credit, including art, drama, dance, or music, either appreciation or performance
Alternatively educated students are welcome to apply and should submit credentials that demonstrate equivalent levels of academic achievement, ability, and performance. For detailed information, see the Home School Curriculum page.