Minors in Art
At Miami, students can...
- Choose a focus area in Painting, Printmaking, Photography, Ceramics, Sculpture, or Jewelry Design and Metals in the various studio minors.
- Participate in a Graphic Design minor that will support your career goals.
- Be a part of a community of artists, designers and scholars, taking classes with art majors and advanced students.
- Create a high quality portfolio that can lead to continued studies in other programs.
- Develop technical, aesthetic and conceptual skills, and add visual literacy to your critical thinking abilities.
- Integrate creative and artistic practice with other academic and research pursuits.
- Work closely with well-known professors who are active researchers and professional artists.
Browse our minors, and feel free to contact us for more information!