RN-BSN Completion Program
Miami offers a flexible, online RN-BSN program, allowing the registered nurse to work around family and professional responsibilities while attaining their BSN degree.
- Students proceed at their own pace, full or part-time.
- The 12 required nursing courses are available entirely online.
- Two of the 12 courses are clinical courses: one is arranged with a preceptor in a health care facility; the other is a project-based course.
Requirements for admission
RN students must be admitted to the University first. Official transcripts from any college, nursing school and high school must be sent to the Office of Admission on either Hamilton or Middletown campus. Applicants also need to submit a separate RN-BSN application to the Department of Nursing. Applicants to the RN-BSN program must have completed the following minimum criteria:
- Ohio Registered Nurse license (or RN in state in which will do clinicals) without restrictions
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- ENG 111 College Composition
- MBI 161 Elementary Medical Microbiology
- Miami Plan Foundation IIC social science requirement, e.g., PSY 111 Introduction to Psychology
- Associate degree nursing courses* (28 credits)
*Additional nursing credit hours transferred in count as elective hours. Graduates of non-accredited ADN and Diploma programs will receive the 28 credit hours after successfully passing NSG 301, 311, and 313.
How do I get started?
Choose one of the options below and start on your pathway to success!