History

Sign outside the Mallory-Wilson Center for Healthcare education Sign outside the Mallory-Wilson Center for Healthcare education Sign outside the Mallory-Wilson Center for Healthcare education
 The Mallory-Wilson Center as seen through the Carmen Bahr Collection  The Mallory-Wilson Center as seen through the Carmen Bahr Collection The Mallory-Wilson Center as seen through the Carmen Bahr Collection

In memoriam

Dr. David F. Wilson (1941-2019)

Dr. David F. Wilson

We sadly note the passing of Dr. David F. Wilson on August 17th, 2019. Dr. David Wilson was Professor Emeritus of Zoology at Miami University. Prior to his retirement, Dr. Wilson served as Director of the Center for eight years. Dr. Wilson chaired the Premedical Advisory Committee and taught Animal Physiology and a capstone course, Current Issues in Medicine. Dr. Wilson's name was added to the Center in recognition of his dedication to the Center.

Dr. Thomas H. Mallory (1939-2019)

Dr. Thomas H. Mallory

We sadly note the passing of Dr. Thomas H. Mallory on May 1st, 2019. A gift by Dr. Mallory and his wife Mrs. Kelly S. Mallory, and his vision for enhancing and enriching the medical educational opportunities for Miami students established the Mallory-Wilson Center for Healthcare Education. For the last 20 years, hundreds of Miami students have benefitted from his belief that that students planning a career in healthcare should be fully informed of the issues facing today's professionals.

The Mallory-Wilson Center in Pearson Hall

Established in 1994 through a gift by Dr. Thomas H. Mallory and Mrs. Kelly S. Mallory, The Thomas H. Mallory Center for Premedical Education reflected the Mallory's strong belief that students planning a career in healthcare should be fully informed of the issues facing today's professionals. In recognition of Dr. David Wilson's contributions as Director, Dr. and Mrs. Mallory requested in 2007 that the official name of the Center be changed to The Thomas H. Mallory and David F. Wilson Center for Healthcare Education.