The following questions may be useful in developing your proposal. You should plan to meet with your GH Experience supervisor and you should feel free to consult with Dr. Flaspohler (flaspopd@MiamiOH.edu) as you develop this proposal.
- What is your global health focus (primary interest) and what do you want to learn about global health from your immersion experience?
- What will you do during your experience? Provide an estimate of how much time you will devote to each of those activities.
- To what extent will your learning in the proposed immersion experience require engagement with an organization or community?
- How or on what terms will you engage with that organization or community?
- How do you expect to benefit from that engagement?
- How do you expect that organization or community to benefit from your engagement (if at all)?
- There are expectations that your learning during your immersion experience will be used for your later presentation/poster at the Undergraduate Research Forum. This will be a way for you to demonstrate understanding of a global health process or situation relevant to that local community or organization. What questions do you have about global health, this organization, or the community that might provide the basis for your formative inquiry?
- What do you anticipate learning from your overall immersion experience?
NOTE: You are not expected to engage in research during your GH Experience, however if, in consultation with your global health faculty supervisor, you decide to engage in research activities, you need to demonstrate CITI certification and IRB approval prior to submitting your GH Experience application to the committee.