Lights, camera, action in Oxford for ‘The College Tour’
Meet a variety of students to share what being a RedHawk is all about in this innovative Amazon Prime series created by Emmy-nominated producers
Lights, camera, action in Oxford: “The College Tour” featuring Miami University hit Amazon Prime this month, giving high school students everywhere the chance to experience Miami, and giving alumni the chance to relive and reflect on their days of Love and Honor.
Hosted by Amazing Race winner Alex Boylan, “The College Tour: Miami University” shows the university and Oxford through the eyes of current students, recent graduates, and faculty to provide an intimate look at life on campus.
During the episode:
- Julian Johnson ‘21 (majored in Psychology) highlights the many student service organizations at Miami and how to get involved;
- Sophie Kullman ‘21 (majored in Media and Culture, Creative Writing, and Strategic Communications) highlights the college town atmosphere of Oxford and all its amenities;
- Alex Cox (studying Architecture and Urban/Regional Planning) highlights how Miami makes multiple academic experiences possible;
- Nana Ofosu Hemaa (studying Psychology) highlights the Honors Program and opportunities for undergraduate research;
- Emil Barr (studying Business Economics and International Studies) highlights the entrepreneurial spirit on campus;
- Lydia Yamashiro (studying Biochemistry) highlights inclusivity on campus and how Miami creates space for all;
- Amitoj Kaur (studying Political Science and Emerging Technology in Business and Design) highlights Miami’s extensive career development resources and strong alumni network;
- Hannah Leftkowitz (studying Social Work) highlights some special aspects of campus;
- Denali Selent (studying Engineering) and Jonathan Levy (director of the Institute for the Environment and Sustainability) highlight sustainability efforts and advancements as well as the connection between faculty and students; and
- Lexie Layne (studying Biology) highlights the RedHawks and school spirit.
"The College Tour is the show you wished you had when applying for colleges in high school," said Alex Boylan, executive producer, The College Tour. "We are leveling the playing field and providing a free, easy and fun way to tour some of the best schools across the country."
The College Tour was created to empower high school students to virtually travel across America for an inside look at colleges and universities.Don't have Amazon Prime? That's OK. You can watch all 10 three-minute segments or the full episode on Miami's website right now.