Handshake is a database of full-time, part-time, co-op/internship, and non-profit positions filtered and maintained by the Center for Career Exploration & Success and Career Services & Professional Development. Handshake lists positions from local, national, and international organizations. If you're seeking full-time, part-time, internship / co-op, non-profit, and much more, then Handshake is for you.
You should already have an account, so just log in, verify/provide some basic information, and you will be on your way to gaining access to employers interested in hiring Miami University Regionals students and their available opportunities. With your Handshake account, you can:
- search and apply for employment opportunities
- network with employers
- browse employers that recruit at Miami University
- post your resume and other documents
- automate your job search
Get the most out of Handshake by meeting with a member of our office to gain help with:
- Professional development
- Resume & cover letter preparation
- Interview skills
Building Your Handshake Profile
Where is your profile?
After logging in to Handshake using your Miami University credentials, access your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the Handshake home screen, then select "My Profile."
Completing your profile
To make sure you get the most out of Handshake, we suggest you complete the following:
- Verify that your education information is correct
- Add all appropriate work experience, organizations/extracurriculars, courses, projects (if applicable), and skills
- Attach your up-to-date, professional resume (we encourage you to have your resume reviewed before adding)
- Add a short bio. Handshake, in many ways, is like a mini-LinkedIn profile. Learn more about writing a great LinkedIn summary, and use this as your bio.
You can add each of these manually or upload your resume (in .pdf format) to fill out your profile. When uploading your resume, just click "Build Profile from Resume." Handshake will import your content, then all you have to do is review, approve, and publish.
How complete is a complete profile?
Handshake provides a "level of profile completion" with a colored progress bar. As you add content to your profile, your profile completion will progress and the color of the bar will change, starting from red.
Don't be discouraged if your profile progress bar isn't full. Consider adding the above suggested content, and continue adding experiences you gain while at Miami.