Who is eligible for the TEACH Grant?
The following candidates are eligible:

What is a high-need field?
The following fields qualify as high-need:

What is a low-income school district?
Schools serving low-income students include any elementary or secondary school that is listed in the Department of Education's Teacher Cancellation Low Income Directory.

What is the annual amount of the scheduled award?
The award can vary by year.  The annual amount for 13-14 academic year is as follows:

Full-time student (12+ credit hours): $3,760
Three-quarter-time student (9-11 credit hours): $2,820
Half-time student (6-8 credit hours): $1,880
Less-than-half-time student (5 or fewer credit hours): $940

Is the TEACH Grant renewable?
Yes, but you must file the FAFSA for that year. Also, the required TEACH counseling and a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (ATS) must be completed each year. You must maintain a 3.25 g.p.a. (needed for qualification) throughout your academic program.

How do I complete the counseling and service agreement?
Both must be completed online. You can sign the form using your Federal Student Aid PIN.

How does the Department of Education track my teaching service?
Within 120 days of completing or otherwise ceasing enrollment in your program of study, you must confirm to the U.S. Secretary of Education that either you are employed as a full-time teacher in accordance with the terms and conditions of the service agreement, or you are not yet employed as a full-time teacher but you intend to meet the terms and conditions of the service agreement.

At the end of each year, if you are performing full-time teaching service in accordance with the service agreement, you must provide the Secretary with documentation of your teaching service on a Secretary-approved form that is certified by the chief administrative officer of the school in which you are teaching. The form must document that you are a highly qualified teacher, teaching in any of the designated high-need fields, in a designated low-income school.

What happens if I don't complete the required teaching service in accordance with the service agreement?
If you receive a TEACH Grant but do not complete the required teaching service as explained above, you will be required to repay the grants as a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, with interest charged from the date that each TEACH grant was disbursed. For more information, go to www.teach-ats.ed.gov.