Announcing 2014 Institute for a Superior Liberal Arts Education
Drawing upon the feedback received from the 2013 Institute participants, the 2014 Institute which will be held at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio on October 10-11, 2014, will focus on the broad theme, “Making the Case for Liberal Arts Education.”
The first day of the Institute will feature a roundtable of invited guests from education, industry, and government to explore the following questions:
What is the value of a liberal arts education?
- How is that value best communicated to the public?
- How can we overcome anxieties related to the economy and the lack of jobs?
- How do we equip students for future success?
- How do we create a seamless pipeline from high school to college to employment so that students attain personal and professional success?
The second day will include workshops that focus on one of the following three topics:
1) Demonstrating the Value of Liberal Arts Education
2) Forging Effective High School-College Partnerships
3) Advancing Global and Intercultural Education
We hope you will set aside the time to join us at the third annual meeting of the Institute for a Superior Liberal Arts Education.