Doctoral Undergraduate Opportunity Scholarships

Contact Us About DUOS

October 15, 2018 Online Application Deadline Submit by 5:00pm 

Office of Research for Undergraduates
Suite 122 King Library

The DUOS program aims to heighten the synergy between graduate and undergraduate research at Miami University. The undergraduate student and graduate student will work together on a research project under the supervision of a faculty member in a Ph.D. granting department. Either the undergraduate or graduate student may initiate the application, but the undergraduate student is to have primary authorship of the project.

Eligibility and Program Goals

DUOS Program is open to any undergraduate student and any post-master’s doctoral student in good standing who agree to abide by program requirements. The selection committee MAY provide funding for up to 11 awards which will be announced via email in late early December. Each project may receive up to $1,000 total. Awardees must budget 75% of funds to be used in direct support of the research project. The remaining 25% of the funds ($250.) may be used for dissemination of research results (i.e. publication costs or for conference attendance. The award amount includes $100 per awardee for participation in the required mentor/mentee training.