Apply online to the Miami University Graduate School according to the instructions for domestic or international applicants. You can request information for a specific program. As part of your online application, you will provide:
- An application fee of $50 as part of the online application;
- The names and contact information of three people who will write letters of recommendation;
- Official copies of your transcripts;
- Official copies of recent TOEFL scores if your native language is not English (International Students only);
- A copy of your resume/CV;
- A statement about the area of biology or botany in which you intend to specialize and your career objectives.
Applicants to the Biology and Botany Graduate Programs
Applicants must have all forms (including those required by the Graduate School) no later than January 1st. Applications will be accepted after January 1st; however, late applications may not receive full consideration. All applications are considered for fall admission.
Students are strongly advised to personally contact potential faculty advisors before January 1st. Applicants without a faculty sponsor will not be considered for admission to the Biology or Botany Graduate Programs.
Department of Biology
Students in undergraduate and graduate programs learn biological concepts taught by dedicated faculty and gain hands-on research experiences in the laboratory and field using first-class equipment, centers, and facilities. Our graduates pursue a wide variety of career paths in health, biotechnology, the environment, and plant science.