As one of our Grand Challenges Scholars you have the opportunity to:
- Design and complete your own educational experience that includes the following areas:
- Research or hands-on work on a project that addresses one of the 14 Grand Challenges, which you select based on your interest.
- An interdisciplinary component to help you to explore how to overcome potential barriers within society to implement solutions to the Grand Challenge.
- An entrepreneurship experience to help you to explore market related skills in solving a Grand Challenge.
- A global experience to help you to explore global issues in solving a Grand Challenge.
- A service learning experience that helps you to examine potential social implications bring to bear solutions to a Grand Challenge.
- Interact in small groups or one-on-one with a Grand Challenges Scholar In Residence, each semester.
- Engage in, and plan, activities, social events, and other dimensions of the GCSP.
- Receive mentoring from upper-class students, and become a peer mentor yourself.