Miami University’s Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success is committed to recruiting, enrolling, and graduating broadly diverse and academically ambitious students and propelling their lifelong success through the design, implementation, and execution of strategic, innovative, and research-based enrollment and student success practices.
Divisional Belief Statements
The Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success is comprised of dedicated professionals who believe in the power of a Miami education to transform lives, communities, and the world.
- We believe success for all Miami students, University partners, and EMSS staff is our highest priority.
- We believe in, value, and foster the development of ambitious goals, bold initiatives, and entrepreneurial thinking. We are change agents, leaders, and collaborators across the University and within our respective professions.
- We believe in a community where diversity is fostered, welcomed, and embraced and inclusive excellence is nurtured to create a culture of collaboration, service, and support aligned with the University’s mission.
- We believe that every individual who comes in contact with the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success is important and should be treated with respect, kindness, and empathy.
- We believe in a culture of data-driven decision making, a focus on effectiveness and efficiency, and the utilization of measurable outcomes to power a cycle of continuous improvement in all endeavors.
- We believe in and champion student-centered support services based on qualitative and quantitative evidence and the leveraging of industry-leading technologies to inform and drive student outcomes.
Recruitment, Enrollment, Persistence, Graduation, and Success
Enroll the highest caliber students who reflect the University’s mission and institutional priorities and ensure they are able to thrive, graduate, and achieve post-graduate success. Serve as champions across the institution to ensure each and every enrolled student has the opportunity, regardless of background, to fully benefit from a robust and transformational Miami experience.
Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
Recruit and retain a diverse student body, attract and develop talented staff who reflect the students they serve, and provide ample opportunities for continuous professional development that supports each individual’s career aspirations.
Student-Centered Customer Service
Ensure a high-level of customer service is consistently delivered by all Enrollment Management and Student Success staff to all constituents, particularly in support of student access, enhanced persistence rates, and student satisfaction and achievement.
Employ and model data-informed decision-making positively impacting and influencing Miami’s institutional standing among peers. In collaboration with University partners, leverage strategic opportunities to strengthen and solidify Miami’s national and global brand and further its reputation as one of the nation’s premier public institutions of higher education.
Continuously review and enhance various systems, data, software platforms, processes, and policies and procedures to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency, in support of prospective and current students, faculty, and staff.