Personal Leave

Personal leave may be granted for work-related, personal or health reasons. Personal leave may only be taken on a full-time basis. See the Policy Library for details.

How to Apply

Classified and non-academic unclassified staff must submit a written request to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). Academic staff and faculty must request leave through Academic Personnel Services.

Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)

Cartoon figure with question mark

Miami's employee assistance programs (EAP) offer free and confidential assistance online or over the phone to those who would like help dealing with personal (or work-related) situations. Having a baby, adopting, getting married or divorced, and losing a family member are examples of situations when you may need assistance.

Annual Sick Leave Conversion for Classified Staff

Individuals employed as of the first day of the first pay period of the fiscal year (July 1-June 30), are eligible for accrued sick leave hours to be converted to personal leave hours.
Personal leave hours are determined each year at the beginning of the payroll period that includes July 1.