The Moon Shot for Equity initiative is a partnership that will follow a program designed by EAB that focuses on systematically implementing a series of goals designed to remove barriers and create solutions focused on reducing equity gaps in higher education by 2030.
The greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky partnership was formalized on September 15, 2021. During the first 100 days of the effort, the partner institutions will build the necessary support system and infrastructure to start the work successfully. That work spans three phases:
- Discover: Assess where each institution is across key areas of practice and organization, then set priorities for work based on urgency and readiness.
- Engage: Connect with campus leaders to educate them on the priorities and understand their perspective. Then form the necessary leadership teams and working groups, and begin to structure the plan of action.
- Execute: Set plans into motion.
Moon Shot for Equity Convening
Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Region (GCNK) Region
On April 5, 2022, we held our first Moon Shot for Equity Convening with over 252 chancellors, presidents, provosts, deans, faculty, student success leaders, and students in the Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky ecosystem! At this convening, we formally kicked off the work of implementing the first four of the fifteen best practices.Keynote Address "Data Intelligence As A Foundation to Close Equity Gaps"
Tim Renick from Georgia State University and Georgia Perimeter College shared practical wisdom on how to use data to close equity gaps and challenged institutions to reform their structures instead of creating small, tailored programs to support student subpopulations. We also had EAB Subject Matter Experts facilitate breakouts with best practice teams to discuss strategy and successful implementation.
Selected Tier 1 Best Practices Initiatives - Spring 2022
- Registration Holds - Academic Policy and Practice Goal
- Team Leads: Kimberly Moore & Peter Haverkos
- Retention Grants - - Academic Policy and Practice Goal
- Team Leads: Beth Johnson & Brittany De La Rosa
- Transfer Pathways- Academic Policy and Practice Goal
- Team Lead: Carolyn Haynes
- Advising Model & Coordinated Network - Student Support and Belongingness Goal
- Team Lead: Amy Bergerson