Moving out? Tidying up? Donate unwanted furniture, appliances, housewares, clothing and non-perishable food to ShareFest, held during Miami’s Move-out Week May 12-17.
Collected items — many of which might otherwise end up in the landfill — are given to area social service agencies. Recipient groups give their donations to families in need or sell them to help fund services for their clients.
Items may be dropped off at the collection site at Chestnut Fields Parksing Lot, 101 W. Chestnut Street, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m..
On-campus students may bring their items to the collection boxes in each residence hall.
Check out the ShareFest website for more information at www.sharefestoxford.com
- Sofas, couches & chairs, futons, other upholstered items
- Dressers, chests, bookcases, shelving units
- Kitchen/dining tables and chairs
- Coffee tables & end tables
- Unopened, nonperishable foods
- Small appliances, microwaves & kitchenware
- Televisions (flat screen HDTVs only)
- Fans, window air conditioners
- Blankets and sheets
- Bulletin boards
- Unused toiletries
- Cleaning supplies
- School supplies
- Laundry supplies
- Laptop computers
Items NOT Accepted
- Bed pillows
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Mattress pads, foam toppers
- Filing cabinets
- CRT, rear projection, or console TVs
- Sofa-beds (hide-a-beds)
- Items in bad condition, with missing parts, or nonworking
- Anything needing reassembly
- Construction materials
- Items infested with bedbugs