Health and Safety Resources for Students

Personal Emergencies

For support and faculty notification of a death in the immediate family or an illness that requires hospitalization, contact the Office of the Dean of Students (513-529-1877) or regional campus Student Affairs (513-785-3211 or 513-727-3233)

Physical/Mental Health

The Student Counseling Service and Student Health Services are located in the Health Services Center on Campus Ave. (Oxford). Counseling is also available in 130 Rentschler Hall (Hamilton) and 14 Johnston Hall (Middletown).

Sexual and Interpersonal Violence

Support for victims of sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking is available:

  • Confidential Resources (Speaking with these resources will not initiate a report to police or the university)
    • Student Counseling Service: 513-529-4634
    • Medical staff at Student Health: 513-529-3000
    • On-campus Women Helping Women confidential support specialist: 513-846-8402 (phone or text)
  • Reporting Resources (Speaking with these resources will initiate a report with police and/or university)
    • Title IX Coordinator, Kenya Ash: 513-529-7157,
    • Assistant Dean of Students and Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Cecilie McGhehey: 513-529-1870,
    • Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Regional Students, Bennyce Hamilton: 513-785-3240,

Missing Student

If you believe a Miami University student is missing, please notify the Miami University Police Department, 513-529-2222.

After-Hours Safe Ride

If you need a safe ride at night, call the BCRTA SafeRide after-hours safe escort service (855-42-BCRTA). Always use the buddy system.

Alcohol-related Emergency

If you see a student who is in need of medical attention due to alcohol or drug use, step up and call for help. Miami University will not take disciplinary action for a violation of Miami’s drug or alcohol policies against those students who seek emergency medical assistance for themselves or other students (Good Samaritan Policy). When a person’s health and/or safety is threatened or appears to be at risk from alcohol or drug consumption, the best course of action is to:

  • Call 911
  • Call the Miami University Police Department at 513-529-2222
  • Seek assistance from a resident assistant (RA) or residence hall director; or
  • Utilize the McCullough Hyde Memorial Hospital Emergency Room, 110 North Poplar, 513-523-2111

Learn more about Miami's Alcohol, Drug, and Substance Abuse Policies