POSTED 8/1: Government Affairs Administrator
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is one of the nation's largest Chambers, representing the interests of nearly 4,000 member businesses and more than 300,000 employees. Our purpose is to grow the vibrancy and economic prosperity of our region. Our vision is that we will be the hottest city in America. As the largest business organization in the region, the Chamber provides numerous services, including business retention and attraction, programs and events, member benefits to improve members' bottom line, solutions to members' workforce challenges, government advocacy, and more to create and sustain a positive business climate for our community, including demonstrating a commitment to small business assistance and economic inclusion. The Chamber's talented, professional staff of 60 people works with thousands of engaged member companies, volunteers and partners in an effort to create and sustain a dynamic Cincinnati USA, a region comprised of 15 counties located in southwestern Ohio, northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana.
We are currently seeking a full time Government Affairs Administrator to support the Chamber’s government affairs efforts by coordinating the overall activities of the government affairs team. Responsibilities include planning and executing events, maintaining contact lists, providing general administrative support, prepping for committee meetings and letter writing.
• Anticipate the needs of the government affairs team and understand how best to serve them.
• Organize and plan annual advocacy trips in Cincinnati, Columbus and Washington, D.C.; including agenda development, managing travel and catering logistics, creating trip budgets and overseeing day of event execution.
• Coordinate annual Legislative Reception including invitations, on-site management, budget oversight and catering.
• Provide meeting support including setting appointments, creating agendas, handling logistics such as catering and meeting setup, sending invitations and reminders, preparing materials for meeting, taking notes, and creating minutes.
• Serve as a central coordination point and provide support to Government Affairs Council and Government Affairs Executive Committee members.
• Prepare and mail correspondence to governmental officials as necessary.
• Create new meeting products in the Personify database and ensure that current customer data is reflected accurately.
• Maintain and update contact lists for governmental officials, Government Affairs Council, Government Affairs Executive Committee and task forces.
• File quarterly lobbying ethics forms.
• Assist with scheduling and calendar management.
• Support the development and regular updates to the legislative issue matrix, legislative tracking list, policy agenda, and policy catalogs.
• Manage the Voter Voice system to communicate timely government affairs information.
• Customer Focus
• Conflict Management
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Integrity and Trust
The Government Affairs Administrator does not have supervisory responsibility.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. 1-3 years previous support experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines
2. Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism with leaders at all levels
3. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
4. Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site and requires a minimal amount of external activity. The job will require talking, listening, researching, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. This position does not require travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships. We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change. We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package. Please submit resume & salary requirements to Resume@cincinnatichamber.com.