Information for Current Students
The College of Arts and Science provides quality advice to students starting from summer orientation through to graduation.
Learn more from CAS Academic Advising.
- The Social Justice Scholars: Citizenship and Service Living-Learning Community develops future leaders and global citizens who are committed to promoting social justice and equity in their personal and professional lives, engaging in public services, building bridges to other communities, and educating others with their international perspective.
- The Center for American and World Cultures plans multicultural events for the entire campus and offers the for-credit course, Strength through Cultural Diversity (IDS 159).
- Other on-campus organizations focus on special career interests, such as the Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS).
- Students are encouraged to study abroad for a semester, academic year, or summer term.
- Courses are available through Miami or other universities.
Learn more from Miami University Study Abroad.
- Full and part-time internship opportunities available.
- Students can explore careers, develop work skills, and build relationships with potential employers.
Learn more through Career Services' Internship & Job Search.
- Many scholarship opportunities are available. Learn more about Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- The Undergraduate Summer Scholars (USS) program allows accepted students to spend a summer working on a research or creative project with a faculty mentor.
- CAS graduates reinforce the value of a liberal arts education in a recent survey.
- Most CAS graduates who choose to enter the job market are able to find employment.
Career Services is an excellent resource for Miami seniors not planning to go on to graduate or professional schools. See also CAS Career Opportunities: The Sequence to Your Success.