Venue History

Hall Auditorium

Hall auditorium exterior

101 South Campus Avenue
Oxford, OH 45056
513-529-6333

The building now known as Hall Auditorium was completed in 1908, being renamed in 1969 after Miami's fifth president, John W. Hall. A top-to-bottom renovation of the building, completed in 1992, replaced old equipment with state-of-the-art light and sound systems and created a beautiful, warm, acoustically precise venue with a new stage that is almost double the size of the old facility. Now with a capacity of 735, Hall Auditorium is the site for most of the Music Department's major concerts, as well as many concerts produced and supported by the university's Performing Arts Series. It currently houses the Performing Arts Series office and the Philosophy Department.

Oxford Community Arts Center

Oxford Community Arts Center Exterior

10 South College Avenue
Oxford, OH 45056
oxarts.org
513-524-8506

Oxford Community Arts group was formed in 1998. A community need for an arts facility had long been identified and Miami University was about to dispose of the large history building that was once Oxford College for Women. A group of 12 formed a steering committee to save the building as a center for the arts in our area. The group was incorporated in 2001. The Oxford Community Arts Center is a not-for-profit organization representing performing and visual community arts groups who wish to rehearse, perform, display and teach their various art and craft forms in a facility that represents a permanent home for the community arts. In 2013, Oxford Community Arts Center and Performing Arts Series formalized a collaborative partnership to form the Oxford Chamber Series.

Millett Hall

Millett Hall Exterior

500 E. Sycamore St.
Oxford, Ohio 45056

Built in the early 1970s and named in honor of Miami’s president from 1953-1964, John D. Millett Assembly Hall is the home of Miami RedHawk basketball, as well as the site of numerous university assemblies and performances. The capacity for basketball is 9,200 seats, while concert layouts vary from 2,900 seats for the Performing Arts Series to 10,857 for full concerts.

Center for Performing Arts

Center for the Performing Arts Plaza and fountain

420 South Patterson Ave
Oxford, OH 45056

The Center for Performing Arts was constructed in 1969 to house the departments of Music and Theatre as well as a theatre. The Gates-Abegglen Theatre is a traditional proscenium theatre seating 385, holding Department of Theatre Mainstage shows and select Music department productions.

Armstrong Student Center / Wilks Theatre

Exterior of Armstrong Student Center550 E. Spring Street, Oxford, OH 45056

The Armstrong Student Center’s elegant, 500-seat theatre features a balcony level and is perfectly suited, with its state-of-the art sound and video systems, to host on-campus movies, as well as artistic talent from both select students and professionals. It also provides a showcase facility for hosting orientations and events for prospective students.

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church

Exterior of Holy Trinity Church, Oxford 25 E. Walnut, Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 523-7559
www.holytoxford.com/directions/