Registration Override Request
The Registration Override Request (ROR) application is designed to ultimately replace and standardize the many force add processes currently in place across university departments. Students will access ROR right from the Course List to request entry into courses that they are otherwise unable to add in BannerWeb.
- Participating departments: ART, Fashion (FAS), Interactive Media Studies (IMS), Music (MUS) and Theatre (THE).
- Additionally, all CCA prefix courses are part of this pilot.
- Architecture (ARC) is NOT part of the pilot.
- Other departments that participate in full or in part include CSE, FSW, HST, POL, and PSY
ROR submissions for courses other than those listed above will not be reviewed or acted upon.
Submitting ROR (force add) requests
- Log in to the Course List to search for courses.
- To request a force add for ART, IMS, MUS, THE, or CCA, click Submit Registration Override Request.
- Rank in order of preference the sections you are willing to accept
- Provide a reason for the request. Be concise but include details, such as pre-req errors or major/minor/thematic errors.
- Submit your request. You will receive an email confirmation that your request has been received.
Deadlines to submit ROR requests
- Full semester courses: 11:59 PM Friday of the first week of classes
- Sprint courses: 11:59 PM the second day of the sprint term
Timeline for review and action on ROR requests
Timelines for review and action on requests vary across departments.
- Until your request is reviewed and acted upon, it will remain in a pending status. You may edit or delete pending requests until the request submission deadline.
- You will receive an email notification whenever actions are taken on your request (submission, editing, deletion, approval, or denial)
To check the status of your request at any time, log in to the Course List and click Requests. Do not call the department.