The Care Team serves as a centralized coordinated body for discussion and action (through intervention practices) regarding students exhibiting behaviors that indicate distress, cause a disturbance in the community, and/or present a danger to oneself or others.
Care Team Members
Care Team core members include:
- AVP/Dean of Students
- Assistant Dean of Students, Chair and Care Team Case Manager
- Associate Dean of Students
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students
- Director of Student Counseling Service
- MUPD Representative
- Director of Community Standards
- Director of Residence Life
- Senior Assistant Dean for Student and Academic Success
- Director of International Student and Scholar Services
- Director of Miller Center for Student Disability Services
- General Counsel serves as Legal Counsel to the Care Team
Care Team referrals may come to the attention of the DOS in a variety of ways. However, online referrals submitted through the Student of Concern Report Form provide our office with the information needed to initiate outreach/intervention protocols in the most efficient manner possible.