The Discovery Center is dedicated to sharing its rich knowledge of research, evaluation, assessment, and professional development with others.
With a professional staff of coordinators, researchers, statisticians, data analysts, graduate students, and faculty fellows, the Discovery Center possesses a wide range of expertise. Through our strategically designed executive support, research, evaluation, and professional learning teams, the Center
A Discovery Center Project Team will be assigned to collaboratively or independently develop a proposal for external funding, or a program on which the Center will partner to perform designated
- Development or co-development of proposals for external funding.
- Development and implementation of evaluation, assessment, or research plans for proposed or existing projects or programs.
- Design and implementation of virtual or face-to-face mathematics and science teacher professional development experiences.
Appropriately skilled Discovery Center staff member(s) will be assigned to perform specific technical services for an existing or proposed project or program. Examples of this level of service include:
- Data collection (e.g., online or in-person interviews, focus groups, observations).
- Sophisticated qualitative and quantitative data analyses.
- Instrument development, validation, and psychometric testing.
- Design of research or evaluation methodology.
- Professional review of evaluation, research, or professional development plans, products, and/or findings.
Appropriately skilled Discovery Center staff member(s) will be assigned to perform specific support services for an existing or proposed project or program. Examples of this level of service include:
- Review of or assistance developing grant proposal support materials (e.g., budget, data management plan, supplemental forms).
- Workshops or
trainingson evaluation, assessment, research, and professional learning topics (e.g., logic models, external funding, project/program or evaluation design, budget development).
- Consultation or training for using research or statistical software (e.g., NVivo, SPSS, SAS, Winsteps).
- Editorial review of grant proposals, professional publications, and academic documents.