Skip to Main Content

Work Injury/Workers' Compensation

No matter how careful we are, accidents do happen. If injured while working, you are covered under workers' compensation insurance through the state of Ohio.

Work Injury/Workers' Compensation

Employees are required to notify their immediate supervisor as soon as possible if they are involved in an on-the-job or job related accident. The employee will be tested for drugs and alcohol as soon as practical following the accident.

An employee will be tested for an on-the-job accident or injury involving: A fatality; Bodily injury with immediate medical treatment away from the scene; Damage to any motor vehicle; or In the University's discretion when there is an accident/incident that may not meet the circumstances noted above, but which resulted in property damage, personal injury, and/or loss of University work time.

If Injured at Work...

Vehicle Accident Report

This report must be submitted immediately after any accident or incident involving an automobile or utility vehicle while on University business.

Employee Health Center

For minor injuries, seek treatment at the Employee Health Center or when closed, at Student Health Services.

If Outside Treatment is Needed

  • A claim must be filed with the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. 
  • To file a claim, or for a list of treating providers in the area, call Sedgwick Health Systems at 1-888-247-4800.
  • For a list of treating providers in the area, please contact Sedgwick Health Systems.

Our Mission

Working alongside the various departments and units within Miami University, we strive to recruit, cultivate, acknowledge, and involve a diverse pool of talent to fulfill their goals and the overarching goals of the institution.