Skip to Main Content

Federal Work Study

Work-Study is a federal financial aid program based on need, computed from information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Currently, federal funds contribute 65% of the student's wages. The employing department pays the remaining 35%. This is subject to change.


To be considered for the Federal Work-Study Program, a student must do the following:

  • File the FAFSA by Miami University's priority deadline
  • Indicate on the FAFSA your interest in Federal Work-Study
  • Be eligible for need-based aid

If eligible, a student will receive a Federal Work-Study award on their Financial Aid Award Letter. Contact the One Stop at 513-529-0001 for more information.

America Reads and American Counts

America Reads America Counts at Miami has developed partnerships with several area schools and local agencies in an effort to provide one-on-one support and assistance for children in grades K-6 in the areas of reading, writing, spelling, and vocabulary and math.

These two tutoring programs allow Miami students who are eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program to assist children in the local community while earning money for college. Both programs require the student employees get a background check since they will be working with minors.

To learn more about both programs visit or email

Our Mission

Working alongside the various departments and units within Miami University, we strive to recruit, cultivate, acknowledge, and involve a diverse pool of talent to fulfill their goals and the overarching goals of the institution.