Add Hero Title
Summer Storage in Chapter Houses
To: Owners, Landlords, Housing Corps., House Managers, and Residents of Fraternity Houses
Re: Condition of houses during summer break/Storage
When preparing your house for summer break, please follow these guidelines.
- The general condition of the house must remain the same as it would be if it were occupied.
- Halls and doorways must be clear of storage and waste materials.
- All safety equipment must be operational including exit lights, egress lights, fire alarm, and sprinkler systems.
- All waste, rubbish, and unused combustible materials shall be removed from the building.
- Dispose of any mattresses and furniture that will not be used the following school year.
- Fire doors must be closed and properly operating.
- Storage from outside locations (annex houses or other off campus housing) CANNOT be brought into the buildings. Extra storage of mattresses, couches, and other combustible materials creates a fuel load that can quickly overrun a sprinkler system and/or rapidly create a fire situation that is uncontrollable. This creates a very dangerous situation for firefighters.
- Meeting rooms CANNOT be used as a central location for storing furnishings from the building.
- Furniture and furnishings that are normally in an occupied room, arranged in a normal fashion with access to doors and windows, is acceptable.
- Conduct one last self-inspection prior to leaving the building for the summer.
- Make sure all electrical items are turned off or unplugged.
For questions or further clarification please contact the fire department