Parts Express, Digital Merchandising Intern
Job Title: Digital Merchandising Intern
Location: Springboro, Ohio
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Business Development
FLSA Status: Part-time/Non-exempt
The Digital Merchandising Intern plays an important role in the appearance, positioning, and promotion of products on the Parts Express website and print media with the intent to provide clear and concise communication to our customers to drive incremental sales. Attention to detail is critical for this position as they are also responsible for examining and editing all web and print based advertising as well as internal documents and system maintenance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Improve Product Detail Pages to clearly define product features and benefits
- Request photo reshoots of items where needed
- Proof all print media for accuracy, appearance, and effective product positioning in a timely and efficient manner
- Partner with merchandising, e-commerce, to capture data content needs, standards, and enhanced requirements for product data
- Coordinate with product managers and incorporate upcoming items into priority list and schedule.
- Create and maintain schedules and priority lists to ensure timely and accurate presentation of product.
- Work with Design, Merchandising, and Sourcing to understand and communicate product features and benefits, continuously improving product presentation including, but not limited to short and long descriptions, key features, photography, and restrictions.
- Evaluate and maintain effective category groupings, navigation structure, sort orders, and categorization strategies.
- Effectively merchandise products within product categories as well as seasonal, event, and holiday assortments.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university
- Pursuing a Marketing, Advertising or Communications degree (or related field)
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- General understanding of consumer electronics and an eagerness to learn about all products sold at Parts Express.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
This position works on-site at our facility in Springboro, Ohio in a professional office environment, or possibly remote from a home office. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use finger to hold or feel, reach with hands or arms and be able to lift objects weighing up to 15lbs.
- Must be able to constantly communicate clearly and effectively with clients, coworkers and vendors through the use of telephone, email, and/or live chat.
- This role will require manual dexterity for constant use of the computer, phone, fax, printer and various other office productivity machinery, as well as for holding and manipulating small pieces and items.
This is a non-supervisory position.