Internship and Job Opportunities
Work+ is a program designed for Miami University Regionals students to obtain an associate or bachelor’s degree while working part-time and getting their tuition paid. Students work approximately 24 hours per week with one of our Work+ employers and take classes in a major of their choice.
Contact Ekaterina Gay if you have questions: barminev@MiamiOH.edu .
Requesting your internship experience
Use Handshake to request for your experience to be documented and/or awarded academic credit. Complete the internship form no matter whether the internship experience is credit-bearing or non-credit-bearing, paid or unpaid or occurs during the academic year, winter term or summer term.
Steps to Complete
- Review the types of internships (see above).
- For Extra-Curricular Internship - Select “Extra-Curricular Internship”
- For Curricular or Co-Curricular Internship - Select Your Academic Department and Internship Coordinator
- Be prepared with the following information:
- Employer/Organization Name
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Internship Job Title
- Start/End Date
- Employment Type (Seasonal, Full Time, Part Time)
- Offer Date
- Internship Site Supervisor First and Last Name
- Internship Site Supervisor Title
- Internship Site Supervisor Phone Number
- Internship Site Supervisor Email Address
- Other Compensation
- Approximate number of hours you will work each week
- Scheduled Hours
- Number of Credit Hours you are requesting 0 (Zero) credit = less than 37.5 work hours
- 1 credit = 37.5 total work hours
- 2 credits = 75 total work hours
- 3 credits = 112.5 total work hours
- 4 credits = 150 total work hours
- 5 credits = 187.5 total work hours
- 6 credits = 225 total work hours
- Where the internship will be conducted (Onsite, Virtually, Both)
- Job Description
- At least 3 Learning Objectives that relate to your major and Commerce courses
Please note: The form for Curricular and Co-Curricular Internships is the same. Students who complete the Curricular/Co-Curricular Internship Form will be registered into the internship course by the University Registrar.