Follow these steps to schedule to take a test in a testing center:
Exam requests should be submitted at least 2 business days in advance.
- Go to SAM: Students Accessing Miami.
- Select the Sign In option.You may be asked to sign into the Miami system if you are not already logged in. Please enter your Miami Unique ID and password if prompted.
- Select Alternative Testing under the My Accommodations section located on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select the course that you have a test in from the drop down menu.
- Select Schedule an Exam.
- Complete the Exam Detail.
- Select Add Exam Request.
After you have submitted a request, the testing center will review and approve your request. Your instructor will receive email confirmation with instructions for exam submission after the request is approved. On the day of the exam you will check-in at the testing center instead of taking the exam in class. Exams and quizzes should be scheduled within the same timeframe that the remainder of the class is taking the exam unless an alternate agreement is made with faculty.
Alternative Testing Agreements
Your professor will complete an Alternative Testing Agreement for courses in which you are using testing accommodations. This agreement will be completed after you have initiated contact with your professor to discuss your accommodations. Professors are provided with a link to the agreement when they receive your Faculty Notification Letter or it can be accessed through the SAM Faculty Portal.
If an agreement has already been completed for other affiliated SDS students taking the course, your professor may not be required to complete an additional contract. However, you still need to discuss your need for accommodations with your professor. Please contact the testing center on your campus with any questions regarding testing agreements.
You may view and modify your exam requests at any time by visiting your SAM Student Portal.