- Fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction and screenwriting workshops led by award-winning, actively publishing faculty writers.
- Flexible curriculum makes it easy to double major.
- Employers in a variety of professions value the skills that English Creative Writing majors develop, such as communication and interpersonal abilities, and creative and analytical thinking. Similarly, English majors have some of the highest acceptance rates into medical, law and business schools.
- Literature courses offer global perspectives, understanding of literary and historical traditions, and models for literary experiment.
- Literary Marketplace and Issues in the Profession courses focus on the business side of the literary life.
- New emphases in the program include translation, live performance, and writing for digital media.
- A senior capstone in creative writing gives students the opportunity to hone ambitious writing projects.