Advanced Inquiry Program
AIP Application Steps
In preparation for completing your application to the Miami University Graduate School, you will want to first gather the following required items:
- Copies of your unofficial transcripts
- Your updated résumé or CV
- Names and email addresses for at least two people from whom you would like to request recommendations. Please note: Recommenders will complete a scaled rating of your attributes/characteristics and upload a recommendation letter (or type their recommendation letter directly into the form); applicants are not able to upload their own letters of recommendation.
- Your answers to these essay questions:
- How have you translated professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250 word limit)
- How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life, and your community? (250 word limit)
- Payment details for the $50 application fee (or attend one of Dragonfly’s Informational Webinars to have this fee waived).
Then, when ready to create and complete your application, please follow these steps:
- Create your account to begin a new application to Miami's Graduate School following the steps shared, including activating and setting a password for your account.
- When prompted to "Start New Application": select “2024 Terms: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall,” then select "Graduate Degree Online" from the dropdown menu. Click “Create Application” then “Open Application.”
- When completing the application, please complete each field with your contact and background information. Helpful hints:
- Under Program Selection: For "What Program are you applying to?" select either "Biological Sciences (Project Dragonfly) (online)" if you wish to pursue the MAT in the Biological Sciences, or "Biology (Project Dragonfly) (online)" if you wish to pursue the MA in Biology. You will then see the Advanced Inquiry Program listed under “Program Track,” and you will also be able to indicate your target AIP site affiliation. The only available start term is Summer 2024.
- While it is not required that you submit your Social Security Number when you complete your Graduate School application, failure to do so can cause complications when you first login to myMiami, the library, or other systems and services on the Miami University website.
- Under “Review,” please note that the system is set to alert you to missing required fields and potential problems with your application. When all required fields have been completed, click “Submit and Continue to Upload Documents.”
- You will then be taken to your Application Checklist, where you will:
- Upload your Project Dragonfly Essay Responses;
- Submit the $50 application fee (attend one of Dragonfly’s Informational Webinars to have this fee waived); and
- Upload required materials, including your unofficial transcripts and résumé or CV.
Need to return to an in-process application?
Login, select, and open your application to continue your application, submit remaining materials, and view your Application Checklist.
“My Project Dragonfly” serves as Project Dragonfly's applicant/student database and information management tool. Create your account at My Project Dragonfly, activate your account, then follow the detailed instructions on this site to share your contact, personal and academic details as well as indicate your target AIP site affiliate.
Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their “My Project Dragonfly” accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact AIP_Masters@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.
Acceptance to the Advanced Inquiry Program
Candidate screening begins on February 28 of each year. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision by mid-April.
Note: Program admission is not final until you receive official notice from the Miami University Graduate School.