Skip to Main Content
Excellence and Expertise

Dance students solo in Art Museum

The Richard and Carole Cocks Art Museum experienced a more dynamic form of art on November 2 – dance.

Excellence and Expertise

Dance students solo in Art Museum

Image 2

Assistant Teaching Professor in Theatre, Ashley Goos, had her students in her choreography class perform solos in the museum that were inspired by those pieces of visual art. They also collaborated with Jack Green, the director of the museum, and his team. 

The students’ solos were inspired by pieces in the museum.

“The class loved the project,” Goos said. 

One of the students, senior theatre and arts management/entrepreneurship double major Alexandra Leurck, had a good experience in Goos’ class. 

“Dancing in the museum was inspiring and artistically fulfilling. It was a nice change from dancing in our regular studios as it gave us a chance to create art while surrounded by art. I felt connected to the artwork that I physically responded to and it allowed such an interactive and collaborative perspective that we don't often experience when in an art museum. Watching my peers dance around and with their selected pieces enabled me to see them go beyond the role of the viewer and expand to become a part of the art museum,” Leurck said.