Excellence and Expertise

Senior awarded experience scholarship for interior design

Senior interior design major Zoey Howard recently won an experience scholarship from PAVE Global’s 2023 Visual Merchandising Store Design program.

Excellence and Expertise

Image 2

According to PAVE’s website, “this scholarship recognizes and supports leadership potential in the Interior Design, Retail Design, Hospitality Design, Visual Merchandising, Architecture, UX Design, Engineering, and Product Design fields.”

As part of the reward, Howard networked with and learned directly from design professionals at the 2023 International Retail Design Conference (IRDC) in Minneapolis, MN, on Oct. 25-26.

“My experience at IRDC was truly invaluable, giving me insight into the world of design as well as allowing me to network with many successful professionals in the industry,” Howard said. “The guest speakers opened my eyes to new technologies, innovations, and ideas, and the connections I’ve made have prepared and excited me for my future in this career.”

Since graduating in December 2023, Howard works for a local architecture and design firm and is starting the process to attain her license as a registered interior designer. 

“I’d love to someday work on a variety of projects that many people can enjoy and interact with, and use what I’ve learned from the conference discussions on the relationship between the built environment and human experiences to create memorable and inspiring spaces,” Howard said.

Howard thanks her Miami professors Gülen Çevik, Katherine Setser, Ann Weigand, John Weigand, Mary Ben Bonham, and Farnaz Pakdel, for their support. She created one piece from her portfolio in Weigand’s studio and the other from Çevik’s.

See Howard’s work and artist’s statement here.

zh-1.jpg
Image from the West African inspired tea house project.

zh-2.jpg

zh-3.jpg
Image from the biophilic hotel based in OTR, Cincinnati.

zh-4.jpg

zh-5.jpg