Armco Alumni Professor & Associate Professor
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 2016
- Phone: 513.529.2976
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TR 1:30 - 2:30pm
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. University of Tennessee, Finance, 2014
- M.B.A Appalachian State University, 2007
- B.S. Appalachian State University, 2005
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor, Department of Finance, Miami University (2014-present)
- Research Assistant, Department of Finance, University of Tennessee (2010-2014)
- Senior Associate, Mesirow Financial Consulting (2007-2010)
- Biggerstaff, L., Cicero, D., Wintoki, B., "Insider Trading Patterns", Journal of Corporate Finance, 2020.
- Biggerstaff, L., Cicero, D., Goldie, B., Reid, L., "CFO Effort and Public Firms'ÃÂ Financial Information Environment", Contemporary Accounting Research, 2020.
- Biggerstaff, L., Moser, W., "The Reaction of Firm Ex Ante Cost of Equity Capital to Initiation and Resolution of Shareholder Lawsuits", Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 2019.
- Biggerstaff, L., Blank, B., Goldie, B., "Do Incentives Work? Option Compensation and Innovation", Journal of Corporate Finance, 2019.
- Biggerstaff, L., Cicero, D., Puckett, A., "FORE! An analysis of CEO shirking", Management Science, 2017.
- Biggerstaff, L., Cicero, D., Puckett, A., "Suspect CEOs, Unethical Culture, and Corporate Misbehavior", Journal of Financial Economics, 2015.
Honors & Awards
- University of Tennessee Citation for Extraordinary Professional Promise, 2012 Semi-Finalist – Best Paper in Corporate Finance – FMA annual meeting, 2012
- Research: Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Insider Trading, Executive Compensation
- Teaching: Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance
Lee Biggerstaff joined the Farmer School of Business in 2014 after completing his Ph.D. at the University of Tennessee. His research focuses on the importance of executives on corporate outcomes and his work has been published in Journal of Financial Economics, Management Science, and Journal of Corporate Finance.
- FIN 303 B TR 8:30AM-9:50AM,FSB 1013
- FIN 303 D TR 10:05AM-11:25AM,FSB 1013