University Distinguished Professor and James Evans Rees Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management & Professor
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3000
- Phone: 513.529.9918
- Email: email@example.com
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. The Ohio State University, Business Administration.
- M.A. The Ohio State University, Logistics.
- M.B.A. The University of Minnesota.
- B.S.B. University of Minnesota, with high distinction in Accounting.
Academic & Professional Experience
- University Distinguished Professor, Miami University, 2019-present.
- James Evans Rees Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management, Farmer School of Business, Department of Marketing, Miami University 2008-present.
- Chair, Department of Management and Allen Professor of Business, College of Business, Department of Management, Colorado State University.
- John and Barbara Bebbling Professor of Business, W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Dean's Council of 100 Distinguished Scholar, College of Business, Arizona State University.
- Professor, Supply Chain Management, College of Business, Arizona State University.
- Associate Professor, Supply Chain Management, College of Business, Arizona State University.
- Assistant Professor, Purchasing and Logistics Management, College of Business, Arizona State University.
- Graduate Teaching Associate, The Ohio State University.
- The Pillsbury Company, Finance and Accounting.
- Ellram, L.M., Harland, C.M., van Weele, A., Essig, M., Johnsen, T., Nassimbeni, G., Pagell, M., van Raaij, E., Rozemeijer, F., Tate, W., Wynstra, F., 2020. Purchasing and Supply Management’s Identity: Crisis? What Crisis?. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management 25th Anniversary Issue. 26 (1), 2020.
- Ellram, L.E., Tate, W.L. and Choi, T. Y, “The Conflicted Role of Purchasing in New Product Development Costing,” Journal of Supply Chain Management 56 (1), 2020: 3-32.
- Knight, L., Tate, W., Ellram, L.M., van Raaij, E., Salmi, A. and Wagner, S., “Looking back & looking forward, Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 25 (4), 2019. Invited editorial.
- Tate, Wendy L., Bals, L. and Ellram, L.M. (2019): Supply Chain Finance: Risk Management, Resilience and Supplier Management, Kogan Page. Edited collection of book chapters
- Ellram LM and Murfield, M.U. “Supply Chain Management in Industrial Marketing--Relationships Matter,” Industrial Marketing Management. Invited, peer reviewed. 70 (2019): 36-45.
- Formentini, Marco, Lisa M. Ellram, Marco Boem and Giulia Da Re, “Finding True North: Design and Implementation of a Strategic Sourcing Framework,” Industrial Marketing Management 77 (2019):182-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2018.09.006
- Eriksson,D., Helletofth, P., Ellram, L.M. and Sansone, C., “To Offshore or to reshore? The battle of data points.” Supply Chain Management Review, editorially reviewed, May/June 2018.
- Wang, J.J., H. Chen, D. Rogers, L. Ellram and S. Grawe, "A bibliometric analysis of reverse logistics research (1992-2015)," International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management. 47:8 (2017): 666-687.
- Ellram L.M. and Murfield, M. “Environmental Sustainability in Freight Transportation: A Systematic Literature Review & Agenda for Future Research,” Transportation Journal, 56.3 (2017): 263-298.
- Ryan Fernandes and L. M. Ellram, Unlocking the Potential of Supply Chain Working Capital Finance, Supply Chain Management Review, May/June 2017, pp. 12-19.
- Tate, Wendy; Lisa M. Ellram and Ulli Schmelz, “A little help from my friends: How purchasing gains influence in complex business-to-business services: the case of legal," Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 2017, Vol. 32 Issue: 2, pp.206-217, https://doi.org/10.1108/JBIM-01-2015-0006.
- Ellram, L.M., Tate, W.L.. “The Use of Secondary Data in Purchasing and Supply Management Research,” Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, invited, refereed paper in special issue on Innovative Research Methods 22:4, (2016), pp. 250-254.
- Ellram, Lisa M. and Susan L. Golicic, “The Role of Legitimacy in Pursuing Environmentally Responsible Transportation Practices,” Journal of Cleaner Production 139:15 December (2016), pp. 597-611.
- Schoenherr, Tobias, Ellram, Lisa, Tate, Wendy. "A Note on the Use of Survey Research Firms to Enable Empirical Data Collection." Journal of Business Logistics 36:3 (2015), pp. 288-300.
- Ellram, L.M., Tate, W.L.. Redefining Supply Management's Contribution in Services Sourcing. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management 21 (2015), pp. 64-78.
- Ellram, Lisa M. and Susan L. Golicic, âAdopting Environmental Transportation Practices,â forthcoming in Transportation Journal, 2015.
- Krause, D. and Ellram, L.M., The Effects of the Economic Downturn On Interdependent Buyer-Supplier Relationships, Forthcoming in Journal of Business Logistics 2015.
- Mena, C., Terry, L., Williams, A., Ellram, L.M., "Causes of Waste across Multi-tier Supply Networks: Cases in the UK Food Sector," Special Issue on Sustainable Food Supply Chain Management in the International Journal of Production Economics (IJPE) 152 June 2014, pp. 144-158.
- Wu, Z., Ellram, L.M., Schuchard, R., "Understanding the Role of Government and Buyers in Supplier Energy Efficiency Initiatives," Journal of Supply Chain Management 50 (2) April 2014, pp 84-105.
- Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Schoenherr, T., Petersen, K.J., "Global competitive conditions driving the manufacturing location decision," Business Horizons 57 (3) May-June 2014, pp 381-390.
- Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Dooley, K.J. The Impact of Transaction Costs and Institutional Pressure on Supplier Environmental Practices. International Journal of Physical Distribution, and Logistics Management 44(5) 2014.
- Ellram, L.M and Cooper M. C., "Supply Chain Management: It's All About the Journey, Not the Destination," Journal of Supply Chain Management, Volume 50, Issue 1, pp. 8-20. (invited but refereed)
- Ellram, L.M. and Krause, D., "Robust supplier relationships: Key lessons from the economic downturn. Business Horizons 57 (2), 2014. Pages 203-213.
- Ellram , L. M., Tate , W. L., Petersen , K. J., "Offshoring and reshoring: An update on the manufacturing location decision." Journal of Supply Chain Management. v. 49 no. 2 p. 14-22. 2013.
- Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Golgeci, I., "Diffusion of Environmental Business Practices: A Network Approach," Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management 19 (4) December 2013, pp 264-275.
- Ellram, L.M., Tate, W.L., Feitzinger, E. "Factor Market Rivalry: An Application to Logistics." Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 49, No. 1, 2013, p. 29-46.
- Patel, P.C., Azadegan, A., Ellram, L.M., "The Effects of Strategic and Structural Supply Chain Orientation on Operational and Customer-Focused Performance," Decision Sciences 44 (4) August 2013, p. 713-753.
- Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M. "The influence of Service outsourcing on Supply Management Strategy and Structure, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 48, No. 4, 2012, p 8-29.
- Tate, W.L., Ellram, L.M., Dooley, K.J.. "Environmental purchasing and supplier management (EPSM): Theory and practice," Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Volume 18, Issue 3, September 2012, Pages 173-188.
- Tate, W.L., Dooley, K.L., Ellram, L.M., Drivers of Supplier Adoption of Sustainable Business Practices, Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2011, pp 6-16.
- Bode, C., Petersen, K., Wagner, S. and Ellram, L.M., "Buffer Or Bridge? Responses To Supply Chain Disruptions,"Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 54, No. 4, 2011, pp. 833-856.
Select Awards and Honors
- Publications have been cited over 30,000 times in google scholar.
- Was named one of the “100 Most Influential Women in Supply Chain 2020” by B2G (see https://www.gwscl.com/)
- Named as one of the top 50 (number 9) most influential/impactful Supply Chain Management Scholars in top SCM journals globally in 2019 article Babbar, S., Koufteros, X., Behara, R. and Wong, C. (2019), "SCM research leadership: the ranked agents and their networks", Supply Chain Management, Vol. 24 No. 6, pp. 821-854. Only woman ranked in the top 25.
- Received the Operations and Supply Chain Management Distinguished Scholar Award for the Operations and Supply Chain Division of the Academy of Management, 2019.
- Willard W. Brown International Scholar at American University in Cairo, October 2019.
- Named as a visiting Scholar at School of Management - Dip. Ingegneria Gestionale Politecnico di Milano, Milan Italy faculty on research. Sept-Oct 2019.
- Received an “Ohio Magazine Excellence in Teaching Award (2018).
- Miami University Distinguished Scholar Award, April 2018. “This award honors faculty whose sustained excellence in research or other creative activity has brought them prominence in their fields.”
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Jönköping University, Sweden. May 2017.
- Visiting Scholar, Smurfit Graduate School of Management, University College Dublin, March-April 2017.
- Miami University, Farmer School of Business, Senior Scholar Research Award, 2012, 2016.
- Visiting Scholar, University of Melbourne (#1 ranked Business School in Australia). March-April, 2013.
- Noted as the most cited author of articles published in the three top logistics journals (Journal of Business Logistics, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Supply Chain Management and International Journal of Logistics Management) in a 15 year period by CSCMP’s Supply Chain Quarterly, Volume 1, 2010.
- Research: offshore outsourcing, services supply chain management, sustainable supply chain management and all areas of supply chain cost management and buyer-supplier relationships.
- Teaching: logistics management, purchasing and supply chain management
Professor Lisa M. Ellram (Management) is a University Distinguished Professor and the James Evans Rees Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain at The Farmer School of Business. Dr. Ellram teaches courses in Logistics Management and Supply Chain Management.
Her primary areas of research interest include sustainability; buyer-supplier relationships; services purchasing and supply chain management; offshoring and outsourcing; and supply chain cost management. She has published in numerous top journals spanning a variety of disciplines, including Journal of Supply Chain Management, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Operations Management, California Management Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, and other managerial and academic outlets. She has presented her work on five continents and in more than 30 countries.
Lisa is also the recipient of numerous research grants, including grants from CSCMP, ISM, CAPS Research and NSF. She aims to provide managerial contributions along with scholarly research findings in her work. She was the Co-Editor in Chief for the Journal of Supply Chain Management for nine years, through 2016. She is currently Senior Associate Editor at the Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management. She has co-authored six textbooks, the most recent being âLogistics Management: Enhancing Competitiveness and Customer Value,â published by myeducator.com.
Prior to joining Miami University, Dr. Ellram was the Allen Professor of Business Administration and Chairperson of the Management Department at Colorado State University, and the John and Barbara Bebbling Professor of Business in the Department of Supply Chain Management at the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.
- MGT 418 A 11:40AM- 1:00PM M W FSB 2040
- MGT 418 A 11:40AM- 1:00PM M W FSB 2040