- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 2072
- Phone: 513.529.1221
- Email: email@example.com
- Wed 1:00-4:00pm
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Notre Dame, 2004
- Bachelors of Business Administration, University of Notre Dame, 1989
Academic & Professional Experience
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Farmer School of Business Entrepreneurship Department and John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship (2020 - present)
- Director, HCDC Business Center (2019-2020)
- Executive-in-Residence, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship (2018-2019)
- Private Sector Engagement Director, Innovation Park at Notre Dame (2008 - 2017)
- Executive Director, FT Ventures (2008-2009)
- Venturing Programs Manager, Notre Dame Gigot Center for Entrepreneurship (2000 - 2007)
- Marketing and Research Consultant, SpencerHall (1998 - 2000)
- Procter & Gamble Company (1989 - 1997)
Theresa Sedlack serves as Visiting Assistant Professor in the Farmer School of Business Entrepreneurship Department and John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship. Her specialty areas include entrepreneurial finance, early stage investing and technology commercialization, with an emphasis on university-affiliated venture development assistance.
Theresa comes to Miami University with more than 20 years of experience supporting commercialization advancement for ventures at stages ranging from company formation through early-stage funding to revenue traction. Most recently, she served as Director for The Hamilton County Development Corporation (HCDC) Business Center, an incubator serving early stage ventures across Southwest Ohio. Prior to HCDC, she spent more than 15 years in the commercialization ecosystem supporting the University of Notre Dame, with responsibilities ranging from entrepreneurial education to investment facilitation and venture advising. As part of that work, Sedlack was a senior member of the founding team for Innovation Park at Notre Dame, an incubator opened in 2009 to serve ventures affiliated with the university as well as regional ventures engaged with university talent and resources. She developed and executed strategies and built relationships that supported commercial outcomes for Innovation Park clients.
Theresa has a long-standing affiliation with Angel Capital Association (ACA), the North American professional association for accredited investors, which facilitates best practices in angel funding across groups, platforms and individual investors. She was invited to serve a three-year term on the 18-member national board (2013-2016) and is currently a member of ACA’s education committee, with 2018 leadership and executional responsibilities for ACA’s semimonthly webinar programming.
Theresa started her career at Procter & Gamble in finance and brand management roles. She received both her undergraduate and M.B.A. degrees from the University of Notre Dame.
- FALL 2023