Skip to Main Content
Cost Breakdown: Exchange Programs
Program Cost Do Miami Scholarships Apply? Does Federal Financial Aid Apply?
Exchange (semester only)
  • Miami tuition
  • Miami room and board or program housing
  • Transportation to program
  • Personal spending



Exchange Programs are Good for Students Who:

  • Have Miami scholarships that significantly lower the tuition cost.
  • Like to meet new people. Students would have the opportunity to meet local students in their courses.
  • Would like to fulfill major or minor requirements while abroad. Many programs have a wide variety of course offerings.
  • Are independent and self-sufficient.
  • Have high foreign language proficiency and would like to take courses immersed in this language. Many universities do have courses in English as well.

Exchange FAQ

Are housing and meals included in the fees for exchange programs?

For some programs, yes! For students participating in ISEP exchange programs or in the Miami Exchange: Kansai Gaidai University exchange program: students pay Miami standard housing and meal plan, and the equivalent is provided at the host institution. For all other exchange programs: students pay tuition to Miami, but pay room and board and meal fees separately.

How is ISEP different from Miami Exchanges?

ISEP is a third party provider that offers exchange programs at institutions all over the world, while Miami Exchange programs are at specific partner institutions in Asia, Europe, Mexico, and the United Arab Emirates. While Miami Exchange students will exchange places with students from the specific host institution they’re applying to, ISEP students can come from any host institution in the ISEP family.

As an out of state student, can I apply to get charged in-state tuition rates for my study abroad program?

No. The tuition cost for these programs will always refer to your Tuition Promise Rate for instructional and general fees- this includes the non-resident surcharge.

Will my credits automatically transfer back?

Credits taken abroad will transfer back as long as you request that a transcript be sent to Miami at the end of your program. Whether or not these credits will fulfill graduation requirements will be determined by your Consortium Agreement/Transfer Credit Approval Form. For more information on how to complete this form, please contact your Education Abroad Advisor.

Education Abroad

Contact Us

214 MacMillan Hall
531 E Spring St.
Oxford, OH 45056

513-529-8608 (fax)


If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency abroad, please contact MUPD at 513-529-2222.

GSA Partner Logo: IEE Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partner

Sign-Up for Email Updates