Policies and Procedures
If you receive a Notice of Alleged Violation from the Office of Community Standards, we know that it can initially feel overwhelming or confusing. Additionally, if your RA or RD documented you in an incident report and you anticipate communication from our office, it might cause anxiety and stress.
We want to do all we can to help you prepare for your meeting or hearing.
Following are some simple steps to ensure that you move as quickly as possible through the Office of Community Standards process:
- Wait to receive your Notice of Alleged Violation from the Office of Community Standards. Notices can typically take anywhere from two days to two weeks to receive after an incident occurs.
- Follow the instructions on the notice. The notice will indicate the date, time, location, and person you are meeting with for your hearing or procedural review.
- If your meeting is a procedural review, many of your questions about the hearing process can be answered in that meeting.
- If your notice states that a hearing has been scheduled, please attend the hearing so that your responsibility in the incident can be determined. After your hearing, you will receive communication regarding any sanctions that may be assigned as well information about your appeal rights.
- Please complete any sanctions that are assigned. If you do not complete your sanctions, a hold will be placed on your account that will prevent you from altering your class schedule or registering for classes.
For More Information
You can find more information on Office of Community Standards policies and procedures in the Code of Student Conduct.
If you cannot find the answers you need on our website or in the Code, please call us at 513-529-1417.