Skip to Main Content

Taking Classes on another Campus

Miami students may take classes on other campuses. Students who wish to fully change campuses submit the Change of Campus form. Students who wish to take only a few classes at another campus submit the Permission to Register form.

Are you planning to take classes on another campus next semester?

Permission to Register:

Only take 1-2 class in Oxford.

The majority of your classes are Regional.

Full Change of Campus:

Take all, or the majority, of your classes in Oxford.

Regional students taking classes in Oxford, require at minimum:


graded credit hours from Miami University


Cumulative GPA


Full semester at Miami University Regionals


appointment with an Academic Advisor

Regional Students taking classes in Oxford

Regional students who want to take classes in Oxford will complete either the Permission to Register for courses on the Oxford campus or the Change of Campus to Oxford form on the Change of Campus webpage. Regardless if you intend to change your campus fully or take only some classes, Regional campus students must meet the minimum criteria: 

  • Complete at least 16 graded credit hours from Miami University Regionals in 100+ level courses (NOT including College Credit Plus, AP, CLEP, credit/no-credit, ACE courses or transfer credits). Winter term grades are not posted until after spring semester starts and do not count towards spring permission to register in Oxford
  • Achieve a cumulative GPA not less than 2.0
  • Have an acceptable conduct record
  • English Language Center(ELC) students must complete ENG108 at their home campus before taking any Oxford classes
  • Though they may take Oxford classes in the same semester they complete ENG109, ELC students must take ENG109 on their home campus

It is important to complete the Change of Campus form on time to allow for processing. The  form is available for the upocming semester when the schedule is viewable, and forms are processed when Time Tickets are viewable.  For Fall Semester or Summer Term, request in mid-March. For Spring Semester or Winter Term, request in mid-October. If you want a major from an Oxford division, please have a Regional academic advisor help you declare it so you connect with the appropriate advisor in Oxford. Regional students do NOT need to do a Change of Campus to take classes on the Hamilton, Middletown or VOA campuses, as these are all in the Regional system. Regional students can take up to half of any semester's credit hours in Oxford and remain a Regional campus student, paying Regional tuition and fees. 

Change of Campus or Permission to Register Process for Regional Students

Permission to Register

Sometimes called a "partial change of campus," this option allows Regional students to take up to half of their credit hours in Oxford while taking at least half of their credit hours at the Regional campuses and paying Regional rates. You may request permission to register for more classes than you sign up for, in case Oxford classes fill before your Time Ticket opens. When your form is processed, you'll receive an email to your Miami email account from confirming your permission to register and containing information about your Oxford Time Ticket. You will then sign up for Oxford classes on your own through BannerWeb.  Note that your Regional Time Ticket and Oxford Time Ticket may be different

Full Change of Campus

This option is for students who wish to take all or the majority of their credit hours on the Oxford campus. A full change of campus means you will be advised by Oxford departmental advisors and pay Oxford tuition rates and student fees. When you fill out the form, you'll get an email confirmation. If you have met the requirements to change your campus, you may have certain holds placed on your account that prevent registration. You must resolve these holds in order to register for classes!  

  • ISSS hold: This hold is placed on international student records. International students must update their I-20 record before they can register for classes. Contact Maria Potter at for more information. 
  • Medical holdThis hold is placed on the record of any student who requires medical documentation. The medical hold prevents future term registration, not the term the student change of campus takes effect (e.g., students changing campus to Oxford for Fall 2023 semester can register for Fall courses, but would have a hold preventing registration for Spring  2024 registration until medical documentation is submitted).

We strongly encourage you to connect with an academic advisor in the division that houses your major, contact information is listed below.

If you applied for a Change of Campus to Oxford and were denied, but since then have met the requirements or will meet the requirements at the end of the current semester, please email and ask to be provisionally approved for your Change of Campus application. 

Oxford Students taking Regional classes

Oxford students who want to take some classes on the Regional campuses but remain Oxford-based students may register for most Regional classes without special permission, but will be charged the Oxford tuition and fees for Regional courses (unless they Change their Campus in full to the Regionals). Regional online courses are restricted for Oxford students until one month before the start of the Fall and Spring semesters. Some Regional online classes are always restricted for Oxford students unless they have a Regional major, minor, or Thematic Sequence. 

Oxford students who have a declared College of Liberal Arts and Applied Sciences (CLAAS) major, minor or Thematic Sequence should complete the Permission to Register form to request access to the Regional courses they need during their assigned Oxford Time Ticket. The student's degree audit will be checked to verify a CLAAS major, minor or Thematic Sequence, and the student will have a Regional Time Ticket added. If the course is closed, the student may be instructed to join the BannerWeb waitlist or use the ROR system. 

Oxford students who want to take all their credits at the Regional campus request a full Change of Campus on the One Stop form. When the form is processed, the student's campus will change and they will be issued a Regional Time Ticket. Oxford students who change their campus for Winter or Summer term will revert back to Oxford campus student status after the term. Oxford students who change their campus for Fall or Spring semester will need to do another Change of Campus form to take Oxford classes in a future semester. 

Please read through the information about taking courses on another Miami campus before submitting the Change of Campus form. 

Oxford students can sign up for Regional online courses as follows:

July 25

Fall Semester

Nov. 1

Winter Term

Dec. 23

Spring Semester

April 1

Summer Term

Divisional advising contact information is as follows:

College of Arts and Science (CAS)

Declared College of Arts and Science majors will receive an email from Madeleine Hood at inviting them to schedule a 30-minute appointment after they submit their Change of Campus application. Please submit the application ASAP. Call CAS Advising at 513-529-3031 with any questions. 

Exploratory Studies (including pre-FSB)

Students who are undeclared in a major when they change campus or who intend to apply to the Farmer School of Business after the current semester should email to schedule an appointment. 

College of Creative Arts

Creative Arts majors should email Chad Reynolds at to schedule an appointment.  

 College of Education, Health & Society

  • Teacher Education majors (but not Inclusive Special Education) should schedule an appointment with Dawna Peterson by emailing 
  • Education Studies majors should schedule an appointment with Dr. Kathleen Knight Abowitz at
  • Inclusive Special Education majors should email Ashley Johnson at to schedule an appointment. If you have questions, call the department at 513-529-6317.
  • Kinesiology (KNH) majors including Nutrition and Public Health should email Garry Bowyer at to schedule an appointment.
  • Sports Leadership and Management (SLAM) majors should email Garry Bowyer at to schedule an appointment.  
  • Family Studies and Social Work majors should email Carolyn Slotten at to schedule an appointment. 

College of Engineering & Computing

  • Electrical & Computer Engineering majors and all CEC-Undeclared Engineering students should email Keisha Norris at to schedule an appointment.
  • Chemical, Paper, and Biomedical Engineering majors should email Nick Stanford at to schedule an appointment.
  • Computer Science and Software Engineering majors should schedule an appointment with Norm Krumpe by emailing
  • Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering majors should email Wyatt Bischoff at to schedule an appointment.  

Farmer School of Business (admitted only; not pre-FSB)

Admitted Farmer School of Business majors should create an appointment in Navigate using these instructions. If you have questions, contact J. Ravancho at or Virginia Agee Deaton at  Students not yet admitted to Farmer School should email to schedule an appointment. 

College of Liberal Arts & Applied Science (Regionals)

Regional (CLAAS) majors should use Navigate to schedule an appointment with Yolanda Hart or Stephanie Beck, or call 513-727-3440 for an appointment. 

Regionals Academic Advising

Hamilton Campus, Rentschler Hall 2nd Floor
Middletown Campus, Johnston Hall 001