Advising appointments are meetings with your assigned academic advisor, 30 minutes in length.
When Should I Schedule an Advising Appointment?
What topics are discussed?
- Exploring major and minor options
- Clarifying academic requirements
- Discussing your academic goals
- Discussing study abroad, careers, etc.
- Degree completion planning
- Once per semester and in advance of your registration day/time
- When you have complex questions/concerns regarding any of the above topics
How to Schedule an Appointment in Navigate
- Login to Navigate
- In the left side navigation panel find the Appointments option and click it
- This will bring you to the Appointments Center, where you can schedule new appointments, see upcoming scheduled appointments, and see any requests from advisors asking you to schedule an appointment
- Find the My Team tab and click on it to see the advisor assigned to you in Navigate
- Click on your advisor’s name to schedule an appointment directly with them
- Next you will choose your Appointment Type from the drop-down menu; select Oxford – Academic Advising
- You will be asked to select a service; make sure you are under the Farmer School of Business and choose Meet with My Advisor
- This will bring up the available appointment times for your advisor; choose your appointment time by clicking one of the blue bubbles
- You then need to select how you would like to meet - virtually or in-person -which you can do from the pull-down menu
- You can share any additional information, such as topics you would like to discuss, questions you may have, or anything else you would like the advisor to know before your meeting. This really helps your advisor prepare for your appointment
- Select what type of reminders you would like sent prior to your appointment
- Finally, click on the blue Schedule
After scheduling the appointment, you will receive an email confirmation that will include additional information and instructions.
Normal FSB Drop-In Advising hours will resume on Monday, August 28th. You will receive an error if you attempt to sign in to drop-in advising before they are available at 1:00pm EST Contact your Academic Advisor with questions. Non-FSB majors should email FSBStudentServices@miamioh.edu. 10 minutes in length Meetings are first-come, first-served with any FSB Academic Advisor.